VIDEO – MPM Probe Mount NP2a and Alignment Fixture
In case you missed it – here is a recording of the live demo presented by Aaron Solomon, MPM Project Manager, showing the MPM Probe Mount and Alignment Fixture. This hardware simplifies mounting of Neuropixels probes onto the MPM Multi-Probe Micromanipulator and other manipulators*.
Key points in the video
- How to install and align two Neuropixels 2.0 probes in the new MPM-ProbeMount-NP2a
- How to use the alignment fixture with the MPM-ProbeMount-NP2a
- How to use the alignment fixture with Neuropixels 1.0 probes and the MPM-ProbeMount-1AS “slim”
Learn more about using the alignment fixture with Neuropixels 1.0 probes
- How to mount the probe holders to your manipulator and use the reference probe for setup.
This demo and Q&A was led by Aaron Solomon, MPM Project Manager and one of the lead designers of the MPM probe mounts for Neuropixels probes.
- Learn more about Probe Mounts for Neuropixels 2.0 and 1.0 probes
- Get hardware guides and drawings (registration required)
- Learn more about the MPM Multi-Probe Micromanipulator System
*Note: MPM Probe Mounts are designed for use with the New Scale MPM System. Researchers have successfully adapted them for use with other manipulators. We can’t offer direct support for other manipulators, but will answer questions if we can, and facilitate the open flow of ideas among our users.