Analytical Instrument Applications
Cameras, microscopes, spectroscopy systems and more
Tiny smart motion systems in analytical instruments enable smaller systems, faster measurements
New Scale helps companies transform their large, expensive, complicated-to-use analytical systems into small, affordable, easy-to-use instruments and devices.
With our miniature motion modules inside, tiny high-performance cameras go into tight places or capture stadium-sized images. Handheld and portable analytical instruments deliver laboratory-quality results in real time.
Our customers use our tiny motion modules to adjust micro optics or mechanical components within their handheld, portable and mobile systems for industrial and commercial applications. The modules have micrometer precision, work on battery power, perform at any orientation and resist shock, vibration and temperature extremes.
Imaging (cameras and microscopes)
Our modules move lenses, samples or image planes for precision focus and alignment in miniature instruments. Applications include:
- Cameras for industrial endoscopes and robotic inspection systems. Our tiny autofocus systems to improve performance and ease of use.
- High-resolution miniature microscopes. Our micro stages move samples or lens objectives. They are ideal for automated microscope objective focusing applications. Learn more about use in embedded microscope applications:
- next generation sequencing
- digital cell morphology
- automated digital pathology
- digital microscopes
- high content imaging
- automated cell counting (cytometry)
- Learn more about automated microscope focus
- Gigapixel cameras. Our motion systems to move lenses in multi-sensor microcamera arrays. These extreme high resolution cameras capture mile-wide images with close-up resolution.
Optical Tuning and Alignment
Our modules move or rotate filters, align samples and light sources, provide point-to-point beam steering and position optical fibers in portable and handheld analytical systems. Applications include:
- Mobile spectroscopy systems for detection of hazardous or contraband substances for airport security, homeland security and law enforcement.
- Spatially offset Raman spectroscopy (SORS) systems for airport security.
- Mobile spectroscopy systems for materials identification in applications such as plastics recycling or pharmaceutical counterfeit detection.
M3 micro mechatronic modules are:
- Small – for handheld, portable and mobile devices
- Complete – no external drive board or controller is needed
- Precise – for extremely accurate positioning or focusing
- Smart – closed-loop motion with simple high-level motion commands over standard serial interface
- Robust – for high reliability
- Efficient – battery-operated with lower power consumption than traditional micro-motors
- Simple to integrate – with all electronics embedded in the module, you simply supply 3.3VDC and high-level motion commands
Contact us for more information about using M3 modules to create smaller cameras and high-performance handheld, portable, mobile and mobile analytical instruments for commercial and industrial applications.