Analytical Instrument Applications
Industrial spectroscopy, endoscopes, imaging and more
New Scale helps companies transform their large, expensive, complicated-to-use analytical systems into small, affordable, easy-to-use instruments and devices. The modules have micrometer precision, work on battery power, perform at any orientation and resist shock, vibration and temperature extremes.
Medical Instruments for Analysis and Diagnostics
- DNA sequencing / Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) – precision motion of optics for focusing lasers or other light sources, and precision motion of samples.
- Handheld blood analyzers for fast, accurate, lower-cost near patient testing (NPT) in clinics, remote locations and resource-limited settings.
- Portable In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) systems with precision focus to identify cells or markers, or flow cytometry to count and sort cells.
- Portable and wearable devices for point-of-care diagnostics, home monitoring and telemedicine.
Industrial Spectroscopy Systems
- Mobile spectroscopy systems for detection of hazardous or contraband substances for airport security, homeland security and law enforcement.
- Mobile spectroscopy systems for materials identification in applications such as plastics recycling or pharmaceutical counterfeit detection.
- Spatially offset Raman spectroscopy (SORS) systems for airport security.
- Embedded microscopes to move samples or lens objectives in analytical instruments.
- Cameras for industrial endoscopes and robotic inspection systems. Our tiny autofocus systems improve performance and ease of use.
- Gigapixel cameras. Our motion systems to move lenses in multi-sensor micro-camera arrays. These extreme high resolution cameras capture mile-wide images with close-up resolution. Learn more about gigapixel cameras
M3 Smart Stages align optics or samples in mobile spectroscopy-based instruments and more.
With the controller embedded in the stage, M3 Smart Stages offer the smallest size and fastest integration for designers of analytical instruments.
M3 Focus Modules enable higher performance in industrial endoscope cameras.
M3 micro mechatronic modules for analytical instruments are:
- Small – for handheld, portable and mobile devices
- Complete – no external drive board or controller is needed
- Precise – for extremely accurate positioning or focusing
- Smart – closed-loop motion with simple high-level motion commands over standard serial interface
- Robust – for high reliability
- Efficient – battery-operated with lower power consumption than traditional micro-motors
- Simple to integrate – with all electronics embedded in the module, you simply supply DC power and high-level motion commands
Contact us for more information about using M3 modules to create smaller, high-performance analytical instruments, spectroscopy systems, cameras and more for commercial and industrial applications.