Aerospace, Defense and Government Applications
Robust, low-power motion systems with extreme precision
Enable smaller, high-performance systems for aerospace and defense
New Scale helps companies transform their large, expensive, complicated-to-use systems into handheld and portable devices that bring the same power and performance to the field. Our customers use our tiny motion modules to adjust micro optics or mechanical components within their handheld, portable and mobile systems. The modules have micrometer precision, work on battery power, perform at any orientation and resist shock, vibration and temperature extremes.
Our tiny autofocus systems enable smaller, more accurate cameras for aerospace, defense and government applications. Our smart actuators provide vibration stabilization. Systems include:
- High-performance UAV and satellite-based cameras.
- Biometric identification cameras that work faster, with higher accuracy.
Our focus modules and smart actuators and are used in weapon sights and automated targeting systems, for example in dynamic pointing of a laser to compensate for handshake or vibration.
Optical Tuning and Alignment
Our microstages and smart actuators move or rotate filters, align samples and light sources, provide point-to-point beam steering and position optical fibers in handheld analytical systems. Applications include:
- Detection of hazardous or contraband substances in security settings.
- Spatially offset Raman spectroscopy (SORS) systems for airport security.
- DNA identification for law enforcement applications.
Motion and Positioning
Our micro smart actuators and microstages move mechanical components with high precision, using battery power. They are small and lightweight for mobile, airborne and handheld systems. Applications include:
- UAV navigation and guidance systems that emit no magnetic fields to interfere with compass devices.
M3 micro mechatronic modules are:
- Small – for handheld, portable, mobile and airborne (UAV) systems
- Complete – no external drive board or controller is needed
- Precise – for extremely accurate positioning or focusing
- Smart – closed-loop motion with simple high-level motion commands over standard serial interface
- Robust – for high reliability in the field
- Efficient – battery-operated with lower power consumption than traditional micro-motors
- Simple to integrate – with all electronics embedded in the module, you simply supply 3.3VDC and high-level motion commands
Contact us for more information about using M3 modules to create smaller cameras and high-performance handheld, portable, mobile and mobile systems for defense, security and government applications.s.