WORK WITH THE BEST IN MICRO MOTION
Work New Scale is a privately-funded technology company near Rochester, NY. We welcome inquiries from talented, energetic people in engineering and related disciplines. We are especially interested in candidates with training or experience in piezoelectric devices and miniature motion systems. This may include:
- Theoretical analysis, computer modeling and optimization (ideally for ultrasonic devices)
- Piezoelectric component selection and qualification
- Hands-on device fabrication and testing
- Micrometer-precision design, fabrication and assembly
- High-volume micro manufacturing (ideally with international experience)
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Electrical Engineer | Victor, NY
We seek an Electrical Engineer (EE) to join our world-class mechatronics design team and create tiny, embedded motion systems that make our customers more competitive. We invent and manufacture rotary and linear smart stages that solve critical challenges in medical, industrial, aerospace, defense, research, and consumer markets. Our customers benefit from dramatically simplified integration, enhanced performance, and accelerated deployment, especially for OEM products, robotic automation, IoT and I4.0 applications. Our products are used by organizations that make medical instruments, smart phone cameras, extended reality devices, neural recording measurements, and automated metrology tools.
You will be part of a multi-discipline engineering team with opportunities to grow your career and expand your mechatronic motion expertise and product, project, and process development capabilities.
As an Electrical Engineer (EE) you will be responsible for analog and digital circuit design, initial fabrication of printed circuit boards (PCB), prototyping, integration, and testing in complex mechatronic motion systems. Mechatronic systems not only require each PCB to provide all electronic functions but also be highly miniaturized and integrated mechanical components that meet all interconnection, power, EMI, thermal, and reliability requirements.
You will work in close collaboration with mechanical, software and operations staff. This position must have experience creating system schematics, using Altium Designer to create micro circuit board assemblies, and presenting results that meet performance, quality, cost, and schedule requirements. .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Use Altium Designer to complete a wide range of electrical engineering (EE) tasks.
- Simulate and analyze performance of electrical circuits.
- Design rigid printed circuit boards (PCB) and flexible printed circuits (FPC).
- Provide engineering assessments of existing and proposed projects based on customer and internal discussions.
- Create products that meet performance, design standards, quality, cost and schedule requirements including:
- Electrical system specifications and technical drawings.
- System schematics and block diagrams.
- PCB and FPC layouts, Gerber files, bills-of-materials, and part specification that are sufficient for purchasing bare boards and board assemblies.
- Work closely with mechanical and software engineers to create a fully integrated mechatronic product designs.
- Build and test prototype circuits and integrated assemblies.
- Prepare reports that compile analysis results, design details, and test data.
- Present reports and discuss design intent, test results, conclusions and recommendations with customers and internal teams.
- Prepare estimates for material and labor needed to complete projects.
- Work productively with all parts of the company in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and completes tasks on schedule.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering and circuit board design.
- Expert in Altium Designer software.
- Experience with using ultra-small (fine-pitch) components, such as QFN, BGA and micro interconnects.
- Familiar with tight tolerance assemblies and inspection methods.
- Desired experience with soldering fine-pitch components (under a microscope)
- Desired experience with SolidWorks.
- Desired experience with magnetic simulation including permanent magnets and electromagnets.
- Desired experience with position sensor/encoder selection in mechatronic systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of quality control methods for electronic manufacturing.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and quality.
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong contributor on high-performance multi-discipline teams.
- Productive and efficient use of all computer tools and software needed to create and release product designs.
- Work safely.
Sales Manager (NST)| Victor, NY
New Scale is seeking a hands-on Sales Manager who will be responsible for all bookings for New Scale Technologies (NST). You will engage customers and prospects worldwide who value simplified integration, enhanced performance, smaller size, and faster deployment. NST products are used worldwide by medical instruments manufacturers, smart phone cameras suppliers, extended reality developers, neuroscience laboratories and many others. NST business segments include OEM products, Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) of customer-funded projects, and Multi-Probe Micromanipulators (MPM).
You will be expected to use consultative selling methods. For example see: The Smart Sales Method: The CEO’s Guide To Improving Sales Results For B2B Technology Sales Teams.
• Effectively use the CEO and in-house mechatronics engineering team to qualify new leads and create winning proposals.
• Manage our world-wide network of sales consultants, representatives, and distributors.
• Prioritize accounts with forecasted revenue greater than $1M over 5 years.
• Create and achieve bookings forecasts that meet company objectives for 30% growth per year.
This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and demonstrate excellent communication and prioritization skills.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Monitor all incoming customer and prospect communications and respond or delegate as appropriate to team members.
Qualify business opportunities, using consultative discovery calls supported by the CEO and other experts in the company.
- For qualified accounts, engage the full company as needed to create compelling quotes and customized “smart” proposals that meet business, technical, cost and schedule requirements.
- Negotiate and book orders following a consultative selling process.
- Manage NST sales channels including consultants, partners, distributors, and representatives.
- Receive and verify purchase orders details with in-house team. Send order acknowledgements to customer.
- Manage the customer relationship through order, production, shipment, payment and repeat order.
- Create and share quarterly sales forecasts with operations.
For all the above, use the company CRM (Sales Force) and ERP (Syteline) and our established procedures to enter and track all sales activities (leads, contacts, opportunities, specifications, quotes, orders, contracts, etc.)
Lead sales review meetings, support marketing meetings, and other meetings as needed.
Travel to support trade shows, visit qualified customers, train sales partners, etc.
Support marketing activities including prospecting campaigns, promotions etc.
Other duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility
- Travel <33% of time, for up to two weeks at a time
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associate Degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in inside sales, sales administration, or a similar role
- Experience with a CRM tool preferred, ideally Salesforce
- Experience with an ERP tool preferred, ideally SyteLine
- Proficient skills with MS office tools.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- A demonstrated aptitude for technical sales and high-level understanding of mechatronic systems
- Experience selling business-to-business and closing OEM orders
- A basic understanding of consultative sales principles and customer service practices
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- The ability to multitask many small projects and flexibly adjust priorities.