WORK WITH THE BEST IN MICRO MOTION
Work New Scale is a privately-funded technology company near Rochester, NY. We welcome inquiries from talented, energetic people in engineering and related disciplines. We are especially interested in candidates with training or experience in piezoelectric devices and miniature motion systems. This may include:
- Theoretical analysis, computer modeling and optimization (ideally for ultrasonic devices)
- Piezoelectric component selection and qualification
- Hands-on device fabrication and testing
- Micrometer-precision design, fabrication and assembly
- High-volume micro manufacturing (ideally with international experience)
New Scale Technologies is seeking a self-motivated, well-rounded Software Engineer. In this newly created position you will be a key member of our New Scale Robotics Division. You will also support all New Scale Technologies products. If you have the ability to provide strong software engineering, requirements definition, development, and customer support, talk to us today!
- Provide expertise and support to Program Managers and Project Managers in all phases of the software development life cycle (analysis, design, development, testing, defect tracking/resolution, deployment).
- Work closely with our team and customers to learn and understand business needs, primarily in end-of-arm-tooling for robots, and also in other micro motion applications.
- Deliver effective software programs to accomplish the business and product objectives.
- Develop programs to integrate our products with various robotic applications
- Strong understanding of software engineering with demonstrated successful programming ability
- Expertise in testing and debugging complex systems including use of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and bench power supplies
- Familiarity with robot and industrial specifications, automation interfaces, and programming
- Good communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to interface with outside companies and customers, and effective written and verbal technical knowledge transfer
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills
Desired Knowledge Specifications
- Linux Operating System, specifically Ubuntu Linux
- C/C++, C# and Visual Basic to create windows programs and DLLs
- Microchip PIC24 and dsPIC microcontroller programming, Microchip MPLAB-X IDE software
- Eclipse, Apache Maven, Java, Python, XML, HTML
- Other relevant experience