WORK WITH THE BEST IN MICRO MOTION
Work New Scale is a privately-funded technology company near Rochester, NY. We welcome inquiries from talented, energetic people in engineering and related disciplines. We are especially interested in candidates with training or experience in piezoelectric devices and miniature motion systems. This may include:
- Theoretical analysis, computer modeling and optimization (ideally for ultrasonic devices)
- Piezoelectric component selection and qualification
- Hands-on device fabrication and testing
- Micrometer-precision design, fabrication and assembly
- High-volume micro manufacturing (ideally with international experience)
New Scale Technologies is seeking a Quality Manager at our Rochester, NY engineering and manufacturing facility. The Quality Manager is responsible for all Quality functions and for ensuring that the company meets all corporate objectives. The Quality Manager reports to the CEO and is part of the company management team. They work with all departments to continuously improve quality skills, behavior, activities, processes and procedures with goal of securing ISO certification for the company by 2022.
- Create, deploy and maintain an overall Quality Management Plan for the company and all required documentation and training.
- Lead the efforts to achieve and maintain ISO 17025 certification testing and calibration for the New Scale Robotics (NSR) Division and Q-Span products by end of 2021.
- Lead the efforts to achieve and maintain ISO 13845 Certification for Medical Device Manufacturing by 2022.
- Support Sales and Customer Care (Service) and be the “face of quality” for customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
- Support NSR Sales as an in-house expert on quality control and inspection.
- Develop and maintain quality management information for presentation to prospects and customers.
- Lead/host all customer quality audits/visits to the company.
- Review all Customer Returned Material (RMA’s), to insure proper priority, visibility and corrective action for quality issues.
- Review and approve all customer quality reports related to product returns or performance issues.
- Manufacturing (Including Purchasing and Materials Management)
- Develop new and update existing quality plans that ensure all products meet all requirements.
- Manage QC inspection processes, flows of material and assignments of staff and their priorities.
- Analyze customer and vendor quality issues and develop performance metrics for vendors, internal quality, yield and scrap.
- Perform on-going floor audits to assure compliance throughout operations.
- Manage and continuously improve key quality processes related to Customer Returned Material (RMA’s), Non-Conforming Material Review (NCMR) and internal audits to procedures and plans.
- Communicate clearly and consistently quality related issues to the management team. Lead or participate in training as it relates to quality control function.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility and routinely exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years in manufacturing or quality engineering with experience in the manufacturing and assembly of precision components and integration of electromechanical systems, including hands-on problem solving.
- Preferred experience managing a quality team.
- Preferred knowledge with:
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Using vision inspection and CMM systems.
- Micrometer-level precision measurement and assembly.
- Proficient skills with MS office tools.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Product development.
- Safe work environments.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) SolidWorks