WORK WITH THE BEST IN MICRO MOTION
Work New Scale is a privately-funded technology company near Rochester, NY. We welcome inquiries from talented, energetic people in engineering and related disciplines. We are especially interested in candidates with training or experience in piezoelectric devices and miniature motion systems. This may include:
- Theoretical analysis, computer modeling and optimization (ideally for ultrasonic devices)
- Piezoelectric component selection and qualification
- Hands-on device fabrication and testing
- Micrometer-precision design, fabrication and assembly
- High-volume micro manufacturing (ideally with international experience)
Mechanical Design Engineer
New Scale Technologies is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to design and release to manufacturing our advanced rotary and linear mechatronic motion products. You will:
Create CAD solid models and manufacturing drawings.
Build and test prototypes.
Present results that meet performance, quality and cost requirements and are approved for release to manufacturing.
Create mechatronic designs, on multi-disciplined teams, in close collaboration with electrical, software and operations staff.
Work productively with all parts of the company in a fast-passed, multi-tasking environment and complete tasks on schedule.
Find and recommend prospective vendors for key manufacturing items.
Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Support regular production when needed and handle other assignments as directed.