New Scale's rotary piezoelectric motor systems and modules deliver high torque, high precision and very small size, enabling OEMs to shrink their systems down to handheld, mobile and portable devices.
Rotary Actuators and Modules
Precision rotary micro-actuators and integrated drive systems
Innovative piezoelectric rotary motors + advanced motion control systems = precise and compact rotary motion systems. These include M3-R rotary modules with on-board drive electronics, as well as multi-actuator systems with external controllers to fit OEM requirements.
- Small: complete, compact motion systems with rotary motor, controls and firmware.
For M3-R versions, NO external control board is needed.
- High torque: no gear reduction mechanism, highest torque of similar sized motors.
- High stepping resolution: better than 0.01 degree.
- No magnetic fields: no interference with sensitive system electronics.
- Flexible systems: Modules are tailored to OEM requirements including low jitter, high acceleration, unique form factors.
- Simple system integration: drive electronics accept high-level motion commands over standard serial interface (I2C or SPI).
New Scale rotary piezo motion modules enable OEMs to shrink their desktop-sized systems down to handheld, mobile and portable devices powered by batteries.
Our motion systems are used for fiber positioning and laser stabilization, in surgical tools and MRI-compatible medical devices, as theta stages in micro assembly or optical inspection, in pan and tilt gimbals for high-performance sensors in UAVs and micro UAVs, as actuators in guided munitions and missile systems, and in instrument testing and calibration.
Please see our M3-RS Rotary Stages for standard rotary positioner products.
Please see our custom engineering capabilities for several examples of custom rotary stages and micropositioners we have developed for specific applications.